Monday, February 1, 2010

Hand warmers...

...came in handy yesterday morning really,
the temps were low, little breeze, quite chilly;
so I walked about three and a half miles in the cold,
stopped before finishing, 'cause I'm getting old.

In the afternoon (mine not yours) at ten thirty,
I went on the snowmobile trail again, very purty. (pretty)
I crossed a pond, or frozen bog, and terrain not too nice,
and a big beaver pond, slippery on bare ice.

There are many deer tracks, but I saw only one,
he saw, or heard, me first, he was on the run,
near that bog, with many streams, they come to drink,
I'd think that they'd starve to death, but they're not on the brink.

It was a three and half mile walk, ended in another town,
and it took an hour, that terrain did slow me down,
I'm going back today, with a camera to shoot,
photos on the phone yesterda will be given the boot.

But before I do all that, excuse me coffees' ready,
Yum, it's good, it might keep me steady;
oh yeah, before I do all that, First Things First, will do,
I'm going on that web-site and push buttons too.

Then take Peggy to the lab, blood work to get done,
I have a little gift for them myself, it a ______ one!
I won't fill in that blank, you know, I gave my word,
no "adult" words on there, so they will not be 'heard'.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment