Monday, February 15, 2010

TGIM!...

...or, Thank God It's Monday! which ever fits the mood,
I don't really like weekends anymore, an atitude,
there is no Sunday paper, the web coverage is weak,
it's just not like weekdays, when things seem to peak.

Aren't you glad that's over? Moan and complain,
what's the matter with Larry? Or what's his name,
Okay, okay I'll change my gears a little,
always meet the other guy, somewhere in the middle.

I've got my cup of coffee, see things are better now,
and if I needed cream, I wouldn't have to buy a cow,
the baseball teams are arriving in the southland this week,
what more could people like me need, it's our turn to speak.

Baseball is magic, there's nothing like it here,
stand up for the home team, get loud and cheer,
win or lose they're special, have a place in our heart,
just a couple of more weeks and the season will start.

Winter will be over, in, oh, about six weeks,
just in time to air me out, gosh this body reeks,
no, not really, I'm kidding don't you see?
reeks rhymes with weeks, hmmmm now let me see.

Pushing buttons is easy, nothing like it any where,
go ahead and push them, show the world you care,
there are only five or six, it doesn't take too long,
and anyway you look at it - you're doing nothing wrong.

And be friendly with your neighbors, like them or not,
don't get caught up in rumors, wether true or not,
go ahead, say hello, or even shake their hand,
people like you or I will have to take a stand.

Nice day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment