Friday, March 12, 2010

The old...

...hat is at it again,
today's not for sleeping in,
up at eleven today, not at one,
I wonder how all of this is done.

Today's a Hollie Day, that's for sure,
I can hear her now as she gets in the door,
so...how you been dad, one simple statement,
opens the door to hurried excitement.

A 'girls day out' that is the plan,
I'll just be the pickup wheel man,
then I'll stay home, work on a project,
a rooster, this time, is the central object.

I'm waiting for coffee, smells good too,
it's too bad I can't share it with you,
well, I can in spirit, but we're not in the same place,
but you're always welcome, come join the race.

Now I'm going to push buttons too,
that's the very least I can do,
you've heard me preach that message to you,
so what's good for the goose, the gander does too.

Keeping thing simple, doesn't have to be hard,
but it's knowing just when to play the right card,
it doesn't mean that nothing gets done,
it's picking the task, and doing the right one.

Coffee's on!

No comments:

Post a Comment