Friday, April 2, 2010

Forty-two...

...degrees, at midnight?
going "all the way down" to thirty-nine, by mornings light,
wow - what a difference a day with sun can make,
after the rain was gone, and Rhode Island is a lake.

Up here we were lucky, there were no floods,
and I noticed yesterday the trees now have buds,
the crocus is in flower, purple and white;
what more could I ask, this is all right.

Busy day today, in the morning any way,
buying the flooring, work is getting underway;
new floor in the living room, no more carpet for us,
even though it's work, to us it is a plus.

Of course some stuff still needs to be moved,
and then the new desk, ahh, we'll be improved,
you know, of course, it's a change of plans,
there won't be any meeting, Oh! What about my fans?

That was a joke!  Fans are few and far between,
I wonder if one of them is Englands Queen?
You don't suppose that, some way, she found out,
just how great I am, will she give my a shout?

Wouldn't that be funny, the look on her face,
if that were to happen, here or anyplace,
you see, I live in fantasy, it keeps me nice and sane,
maybe until, the Secret Service takes me on a plane.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment