Saturday, April 3, 2010

You just...

...have to love it, forty-seven degrees at night,
well. I waited long enough, so I guess it's alright;
pretty good weather, after all the rain,
which I know we need, but still find it a pain.

The Celtics gave away the game, while playing at home,
the record is awful, like they have a spine without bone;
they'll be in the playoffs, but that won't last long,
whoever they play has an advantage, Celtics legs are gone.

I writing at a table, upstairs in my room,
moved it up here yesterday, while the floor gets groomed,
Monday the carpet will be torn out and thrown,
then the new flooring, and my mind will be blown.

First, it's Saturday, a Hollie Day at that,
guess I better get ready, what with Easter and all that,
she'll come out all excited, smiling and say...
...so, Dad, how you been?, see nothing goes away!

First I'll make some coffee, a trip downstairs for that,
eat a little breakfast, careful, don't get fat;
but I first push some buttons, while they're on my mind,
no special order, just all of them I find.

And be kind to you neighbors, they're not all that bad,
just some kiddos, a mom and a dad,
sure their skin is different, or maybe it's like yours,
that really doesn't matter - now go about your chores.

Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment