Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's my...

....Easter present, huh dad? She said with her smile,
while trying to walk me down the last mile,
c'mon, just one more, what do you have to lose;
so, the last of the refund was hers to choose.

It all started at seven o'clock sharp,
early for some, who were still in the dark;
not for Hollie, she was ready to roll,
"holiday" is the reason, she's not out for a stroll.

She had a list, fully made out,
there was no guess work, my wallet had clout;
just six projects and two CD's,
then she found something, I said "OH, jeez!".

Inside the package with a CD,
there was a poster, "dad, it's free",
so that meant there were seven projects alone,
she was paring my bankroll right down to the bone!

And, by the way dad, so how have you been?
Haven't spent money like this - since I don't know when,
now there's a book, it's Presidents, dad,
right over a Borders, it must be had!

It's on the sale rack, the price is real good,
so I said "okay", like a good dad would.
but then all of a sudden she had a big flash,
"I found one more, dad", empty your cash.

So, after we had breakfast for lunch,
she did the last one, at least I had a hunch,
headed for home, well, we had to buy gas,
she left with her mother, free at last, free at last.

Now don't mis-understand me, we had a good time,
it's always that way, her ideas, and the money is mine,
but it's spent with caution, just don't seem that way,
easy come, easy go - isn't that what 'they' say?

Enjoy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment