Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's still...

...odd not to go for a walk,
but - I still can have coffee and talk,
and go to a meeting, set up and take down,
that's just what I do, when I go to town.

Yesterday was the same old basic stuff,
but, I watched the Yankees get beat - poor babies, that's tough!
My hands got sore, what with the clapping,
and my midriff suffered, for all the laughing.

That's just a pre-season game, let's hope their always that lame,
meanwhile downstate the Red Sox won - Hey! Isn't this all just a game?
Sometimes it is and sometimes it's not,
just wait for August, when the going get's hot.

Meanwhile the Celtics lost - just found a way,
but hey, what's a loss, just a few games to play,
they'll be in the playoffs - for the first round,
then they'll go home, heads hanging down.

Today won't be anything more,
then yesterday, or the day before,
I've got to hang in there, and rest up my body,
afterall I'm a long way from when I was forty.

Time to make coffee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment