Friday, April 16, 2010

How much....

is too much?  When have I had enough?
I don't know either, but the pace is rough,
today up at twelve-thirty, that's a little late,
but I feel rested, not in an altered state.

The pace gets kind of frantic, and that's all in my head,
you see - I feel rushed, when I should be relaxed instead;
there is no simple reason for me to feel this way,
just because I'm up late, there's still time left in the day.

Maybe for me to write that, will calm my fevered brain,
that beats the alternative - crazy frantic pain.
Now I feel better I've got that off my "chest",
slow down, stay calm, you've just had a lot of rest.

Maybe I should explain the simple fix I'm in,
I have it in my brain now - that this writing should have been,
in other words, I somehow feel, that this entry's late,
I think it's too long after midnight and some of you might have to wait.

Now isn't that just stupid, how many of you are up?
waiting for this blog, not too many waiting to simply pick this up.
I know some people like to stay up late,
but I know little of it, the early bird's my fate.

Now you know why the word "ramble" is in the title here,
I ramble on forever - waiting to overcome a stupid fear,
the fear of being late - that must have a name,
like earlylatemidphobia, that sounds a little lame.

So, now the rant is over, it's coffee time all right,
then I'll push those giving buttons, and I'll do it tonight,
they are arranged in many colors, makes it easy to choose,
but I like to push them all, hey! Maybe that'll help me snooze!

Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment