Sunday, April 11, 2010

A tale...

...of the dyslexic clock,
it was really quite a shock,
you see, I got up at 1:08,
thought I'd slept a little bit late.

Did a lot of my morning routine,
looked at the clock - 8:19!
since I was up, watched an inning of the game,
then when back to bed, mind in a different frame.

Now I'm up at the right time, and in the right mind,
maybe there's a reason, but none that I can find,
it's part of the process called aging I guess,
all in all what's the difference, I didn't make a mess.

Now I have coffee and all in my world is fine,
the Sox and Celtics won, so the overnight was mine.
Today I have an invitation, Staples of all places,
Family and I are really in their good graces.

Yes, I know it's just a gimmick, that they try,
but there's raffles and prizes, lose and cry;
and special prices on some items in the store,
a ten dollar gift card, maybe I'll score!

But before I do any of that, there's a chore,
pushing those buttons, like we've done before,
it's a little thing, doesn't take much time,
helping a little, gives some peace of mind.

Dare to be different!  It's your choice to make,
be a good neighbor, give some hands a shake,
smile every morning, the world is not that bad,
give it your all, there's inner peace to be had.

Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment