Friday, June 25, 2010

I've got..

...to get going, and no I'm not late,
don't mean it that way, late is not my fate;
I need 280 steps to complete two-thousand miles,
so going down to get the paper, will bring me smiles.

Then, what will I do? Why, I'll go for more,
mileposts are fine, by passed is what they're for;
this is something I wanted to complete in June,
now I have my chance, and in the light of the moon.

The Red Sox are winning, leading by two runs,
but it's in the ninth inning, they're facing big 'guns',
the game was won by batting, heroism has begun,
Pedroia had three homers, knocked in the winning run

So, today more walking, and a coffee will be fine,
speaking like that, I should make some, time is on the line;
I don't have the game on, I can't bear to watch,
the pitchers make me nervous, while they scratch their crotch.

So while I'm waiting for the coffee and the Sox,
I'll go and push some buttons, sure beats those time clocks,
maybe I'll skip one, no! That's not right,
each and every one, will get pushed tonight.

So be cheerful and friendly, treat other people well,
shake someones hand, smile, and it rings a bell,
people will remember you, as a grateful face;
and they'll carrly the tradition, to another place.

Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment