Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nevermind...

...what people say,
grownups do go out and play;
we just might do it in some way,
that makes it seem like just another day.

That's sort of what I do,
when I'm walking and that's old shoe,
it's a form of play by a different name,
it's recreation but it's play just the same.

So today when I walk, I'll feel like a boy,
not in age, but in pure joy,
I'm still able to walk at a good pace,
and it's most often in the same place.

Yesterday I saw a fox, nice one too, bushy tail,
then a deer up farther along, then she too cleared the trail,
a pair of killdeer in a parking lot,
all before five AM, now that's hot!

We should all do what we ought,
so our live are not lived for naught;
we learn to live by the Golden Rule,
do unto others, as would unto you.

All that means is Live and Let Live,
each one on earth has something to give,
we may not understand their ways,
but we show respect, in all our days.

Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment