Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It was a nice day...

........yesterday, after a cool start.  I wasn't going to walk too far and ended up walking six miles again.  I got home early so Linda could have the car.  When she arrived back home she had a present for me.  I received, for Fathers Day, a beautiful Foxglove plant already in flower.  She also brought three bags of mulch and some dark pink creeping phlox.  Hey! I said I'm supposed to be the creep around here!
   We went for a ride to Dixmont and Newburgh for a quick, maybe not so quick look-see.  The power company is expanding a line from Orrington to Kittery (about 190 miles) to double the number of 345Kv lines, it brings power from Hydro-Quebec to southern New England.  It does that at the expense of one of my favorite places, the construction goes right through the place, they've killed the trees by cutting off the tops, brutal stuff.
  In Newburgh we stopped by North Star Farm, where harness racing horses are raised, a young colt was running around the pen, a photographer was there working - she was getting a lens full.  Beautiful animals on that farm, even the adults.
Here's a photo that we took at Northstar Farms a couple of years ago, nice place.
  I'm off for a short walk and some coffee, busy day tomorrow.  Take care.
Question: How many people owe the IRS over $10,000.00 anyway?  The number of ads on TV is horrendous, and tiresome.

No comments:

Post a Comment