Sunday, May 6, 2012

Typical!

  I don't even know where to start, hmmm let's see.  Saturday was a decent day weather wise, drizzle in the early morning, you know 2-5AM - my walking time, but I still got in about 4 miles plus, combining indoors with the rest.
  For some reason I must have had a wish for punishment and I watched the Baltimore Orioles clobber the Boston Red Sox.  Most teams have been able to banish the Red Sox from a win, and they remain in the Eastern Division cellar - after watching the game the cellar is the appropriate place.
  After that I watched the Kentucky Derby.  The horses were beautiful, super animals.  The winner caught me by surprise, but thinking back I've only ever picked one winner, Seattle Slew in 1977.
  Then I read some of the local news updates, Husson University and the University of Maine had graduation ceremonies yesterday, the top of the class bios are always interesting.  At UMaine an honors grad is a young woman from Lewiston who was homeless for much of her high school years, she graduated from Lewiston High as valedictorian, and got out of UMaine with a 3.894 GPA, that means she will be successful at the Maine School of Law.  I think that's what you call a super kid.
  I also read that at the Maine Republican Convention that Ron Paul supporters took the whole shebang over, elected the Secretary and President of the event from among their midst and took over the proceedings.  Interesting stuff to ask my pal Harry about on Monday for sure.
  Have a great day, I'm off (in more ways than one)>

No comments:

Post a Comment