Friday, June 22, 2012

Out and back again, again

  I started out about 3:30AM as usual, it was sprinkling a little but weather.com said the next six hours would be dry, so off I went.  By the time I got to Bangor there was a steady rain.....so instead of starting my walk I went for coffee and read the paper.  It was raining a little bit more so I decided I needed to go to the bank to use the ATM.
  I put my card in the ATM at let's say Bank A.  I put in my PIN and asked for $100.00 and waited.  After about 3 minutes the machine said "take card" and I did but no money came out - the machine didn't say the transaction was over.
  I went directly across the street to Bank B.  B has a walk in ATM at street level, you use your ATM card to unlock the door and go in.  I asked for $100.00 told the machine I accepted the $3.00 fee (my bank pays me back for that) and I asked for a receipt.  After looking at the receipt I was $203.00 shy of yesterdays balance.  Where did the other $100.00 go?
  By that time it was a full blown thunderstorm, pouring rain, lightning all that loud stuff.  I waiting a few minutes before I began thinking "what if the other $100.00 came out of the machine late?".  So I ran across the street to my car, soaking, soaking wet, and drove through Bank A's ATM to see if the missing money was there. No.
  By then it was time for coffee with 'the boys'.  Then I went to Wal-Mart (the bathrooms are clean when they first open) and bought a stool for use at home.  I went to Dunkin' Donuts to buy coffee for Linda and went to the hospital.
  The doctor was with Linda when I arrived so he said "do you want to leave and go home earlier?", the answer was yes.  So I told Linda I needed to go the the bank and speak with them at 8:30AM when they open and told her about the missing money.
  I went back to the bank and spoke with the branch manager. "Oh" she said, "the same thing happened to me this morning", the bank had re-set the machine and posted back the missing money, the $100.00 had been found.
  Bank with Linda and waited, and waited, and waited.  We got back home about noon.
  The woman is doing fine, walking with her walker - - - but still hasn't done the dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment