Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's on the way! I ain't talking about Santa either!

The Piscataquis River, Medford Maine - click to enlarge, it's beautiful in detail
  Last year, 2011, we had more snow in October than in any other month; this year October was snowless and bare.  We have had only a couple of inches in November to date - but it looks as though that's going to change, sometime.
  Yesterday was an unbelievable day, at 3:00AM it was 42 degrees and a slight breeze, by days end at 6:00PM it was 30 degrees with a "promise" of snow showers.  There were no snow showers.
  But today; today at 2:00AM it's 26 degrees with wind from the west at 8mph.  Throughout the coming week we have a forecast for snow.
  I must be honest and say that I am not a great fan of snow, I do not like the stuff.  But, I realize the the snow is needed as insulation for some crops and as moisture when it melts; besides that Maine has a ski industry that is now operating on "man-made snow".  Even with the improved snow guns it's costly to operate that way.
  Anyway, my wife has two little signs up that say "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow".  I can't win.
The church at Medford Center Maine

No comments:

Post a Comment