Sunday, October 18, 2009

Deja vu all over again...

It's a special occasion Dad, that is what she said,
as we started out, it caused unwanted dread;
it's a special occasion Dad, as we headed down the road,
somehow I got the thought that my wallet would explode.

It's a special occasion Dad, here is what we'll do,
speaking like that, I knew, the we'll be you.
I've got nine projects Dad, special occasion indeed;
I got my banker on the line to tell him what I'll need.

It's a special occasion Dad, as we drove through the third town,
we weren't even two tenths there and I had started to frown;
by the time we got to Waterville, she had changed her mind,
it's was time to go to WalMart, and leave some projects behind.

It's a special occasion Dad, as we got on Eye Ninety Five;
boy oh boy, Dad, now I've got twenty-five!
How could this have happened is what I want to know,
of course, there is no way to plan these things before we go.

It's a special occasion Dad, so we'll go to Freeport first,
you know what's there don't you? This could be the worst.
but I got off kind of light, at least that's what I thought;
until of course I saw the price of that thing we bought.

It's a special occasion Dad, as we got to Brunswick,
right to Staples I drove, like the carrot and the stick.
by now, of course, the number of projects that there were,
the numbers flew by me, blindly in a blurr.

It's a special occasion Dad, was her explanation,
as she handed me the bill that could fund a foreign nation;
sixteen dollars had been spent to turn paper into plastic,
oh how I wish that my dollars would turn into elastic.

It's a special occasion Dad, that's why I did so much,
you know it's times like these when you have to do so much,
it's a special occasion so I can do much more,
please enter your PIN until your fingers get real sore.

It's a special occasion Dad, let's go to Rockland next,
by the time I heard these very words, I knew I had the hex;
to Staples, one more time, and she did five more,
after all, she smiled, isn't that what special occasions are for?

Please let it be noted, here for all to see,
that the spending on this trip was all planned you see,
we didn't really spend much more that any other time,
the freedom with the language, is entirely mine.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are still writing your blog no new entries????

    ReplyDelete