Monday, October 12, 2009

Yesterday…

….was a day worth forgetting,
For all the troubles that it was letting,
Boil, toil and bubble, oh my, what trouble,
Worse than that! Yesterday was double.

The ballgames score after eight was six to four,
The Red Sox needed only three outs more,
I'll bet you can guess, what happened next;
FrancoMa then started his terrible hex!

He brought in the reliever Jon Papelbon,
A pitcher whose deserving of much scorn,
Together they wasted, squandered and gave..
..enough runs to give take the Sox to the grave.

Why does it matter in the great scheme of things,
What difference to me does it matter, no rings?
As a fan of the game it doesn't fit right,
To give up a series without much of a fight.

The management stinks, the bullpen smells,
Over the field the odor then swells,
It emanates from the Boston Red Sox bench!
What in the world is that horrible stench?

It's just a game right? That's what they say,
But "they" are not standing in my shoes today;
If the team doesn't feel like winning the game.
Why do I bother to soak up the blame?

So I'll move forward, look to a new day,
I'll do something to make the hurt go away;
I'll try Easy Does It, Live and Let Live,
It works if you work it, give and forgive!

No comments:

Post a Comment