Friday, April 30, 2010

Have you....

...ever had "one of those days", that could have been better,
well, it happened yesterday, right down to the letter.
The cable guy who never came, the knee sharp with pain,
oh well, oh well, at least it didn't rain!

This after a meeting, the subject was "as happy as I want to be",
as they say "timing is everything", right on time for me;
all is well this morning, cable guys work late,
at least it's up and running, or this missive would be late.

So...no walking is in store, at least for today,
and Peggy's going shopping, what more could I say,
she's really quite funny, "I'll try to hurry" means...
..I'll take my old sweet time..only in your dreams!"

And a Hollie Day tomorrow, pleasure comes in packs,
"it's only two dollars, Dad, plus the ten cents tax!"
Oh, I can hear it now, "it's before it's all gone!"
if you think I haven't heard that before - you are very wrong.

I do expect we'll have a good and real fun day,
it's just funny how she says things, in her own "worried" way.
So that's what I'm planning and it won't be too bad,
and I have an afternoon - just for good ol' Dad!

You know that there are buttons, the ones that you push,
well, let's get right to it, get off your cushy tush;
start any place, pick a color that you like,
c'mon it only takes a second, then we can take a hike.

Live and Let Live, I'll repeat it again,
it's one of lifes lessons - that should never end;
those four words, they say it all, if we think about it,
I believe if it were a song, it would be a hit!

;)  Smile today

No comments:

Post a Comment