Monday, June 7, 2010

Ben Franklin...

...would be disappointed with my sleep,
"Early to bed, early to rise", didn't keep...
...me awake!  Early to bed, late to rise",
so to myself: Surprise, surprise!

See what happens, when you mix up your times?
Maybe I need a watch with different chimes...
..one tone for this, one tone for that;
of course, I'd forget which, that's old hat.

So to bed before five, up at twelve thirty,
I was fully awake, certainly not flirty, or purty;
so now I am waiting, once again, for the time,
to make the coffee, put me in my prime.

Why, I think it's time now!, Please pardon me,
while I go to the kitchen to make coffee-e,
there, now I've done it, and sit here to wait,
while it gurgles and sputters, ain't that sound great?

So, now I'll take time to brag and talk,
about the great Celtics win, mark it up with chalk,
it must have been real fun to watch too,
but awake at those hours, it's not something I do.

But I can sit here, in a comfortable chair,
and push a few buttons, to show that I care;
about literacy, rain forests, pet food and such,
it won't take me too long, and it won't cost to much.

Then I'll go walking, to a meeting today,
oh, oh, the coffee is ready, oh by the way,
I'm leaving my chair, to go and get some,
that's it! Game over!, I've won! I've won!

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment