Sunday, June 6, 2010

Waiting for..

...my coffee, I'm barely hanging on,
if I don't do something soon, afraid I'll be gone,
a guy without his coffee is a sore sight indeed,
but the clock won't cooperate, I remain in need.

So, hanging on, by a mere and narrow thread,
all the while the sands of time are anchored in my head.
Now the light is dimmer, I'm barely holding on,
ahhh! The time is right, just when I thought I was gone.

Listen! There! Do you hear that?
Why, it's the coffee perking! Let's sit here and chat,
about the importance of coffee in the world,
or why without it, my mind was all whirled.

Nah! There must be something, important going on,
like why do skunks always dig, for grubs on a lawn,
or why the roads in Maine, can get you there from here,
or how much longer I can live, if I don't drink a beer.

Of course we could be useful, and do somthing good,
like pushing six colorful buttons, sounds like we should,
pick a place to start, hmmmm, let's see;
help me make up my mind, purple, pink oh gee!

Or, you could meet new people, there are quite a few,
just realize that they're not all like you,
variety is the spice of life, we've all heard that said;
so make some friends, not all the same, sometime before you're dead.

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment