Monday, June 14, 2010

Payback....

...is hell, it comes early too,
up at eleven, writing this for you;
sleeping in one day, early up the next,
sometimes I think -- my sleep life is hexed.

But that's not the case, the trouble is my 'clock',
the old circadian rhythm simply does not rock;
gosh darn those bugs, that burrow in the ground,
keep the rhythm to themselves, if they're ever found.

So, I'll need a nap some time around two,
settle in my chair, anyplace will do;
catch a little snooze, refresh me for the day,
going for a walk, and a meeting by the way.

Try to take it easy. There's some sage advice,
actually it is easy, don't think about it twice;
rest and relaxation, may be the curse of man,
but I'm willing to go along, unless there's a better plan.

But, when they say 'Easy Does It', that's not what is meant,
work from the beginning, finish, pack in cement;
don't start in the middle, and expect it's okay,
begin with number one and go. You'll have a better day.

And feed the hungry critters, buy a kid a book,
save the Rain Forest, or teach someone to cook;
looks hard, but it's easy, no hard work on your part,
just go and push the buttons, give love from your heart.

Enjoy you day

No comments:

Post a Comment