Wednesday, June 16, 2010

There ain't...

...no rest for the wicked, I prove it every day,
it's a sleeping thing, I don't have a say;
but I'm not complaining, I got my needed rest,
it's just that I was starting, to like one o'clock the best.

Now - I know that's not going to happen, in reality;
but there's alway wishful thinking, don't you agree?
Nah! There's not a chance - to turn sleepy-head,
well, there's one I guess.  When you finally wake up dead!

How's that for a ditty? Tell me what you think.
click on the comments, you can do it in a blink.
I'm really not complaining, I did sleep very well,
it's just that my thought process, is going straight to hell.

And I'm getting ready, for my trip today,
Hollie to New Hampshire.  Hooray, hooray!
It should be easy going(?), with stops along the way;
at least that's what I'm hoping, but plans can go astray.

She's going to be surprised, when they wake her up,
didn't know the day we'd go, didn't want to keep her up,
when she knows ahead of time, she won't sleep at all,
anticipation gets her going, and she sleeps through it all.

So, I'm having coffee, first decaf of the day,
a little breakfast, more coffee; let's get underway,
not so fast old man, you have to spend some time,
pushing buttons, making plans, and counting every dime.

And let's not forget, some reading for the day,
meditate, ask for help - before going into the fray,
remember to be kind, treat gently those you cross,
after all they don't need to know - that I think I'm boss.

Enjoy!  Report on our adventures - tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment