Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jeepers!...

....Creepers! and Holy Cow!
Wait until you hear what happened now;
the old geezer slept in until twenty after twelve,
maybe I'm not ready to go on a shelf.

Of course it was a Hollie Day,
shot out of a gun, there's no other way,
she spends her visits going full speed,
doing things fast, must fill a need.

But her lists are soooo long, that's probably why,
I just run along until, "slow down", I cry;
this visit wasn't different, they rarely are,
magazine, laminate, spend time in the car.

She's sure curious, about her next trip,
it's this Wednesday, but I didn't let it slip,
she has big plans, well, she always does,
going to New Hampshire, she says she loves.

We'll see about that, she may change her mind,
and we may end up in Portland or somewhere behind,
you can't make firm plans, it's just not done,
keep options open, stuff comes undone.

So, today, I'm awake, after waking up late,
that's not a complaint, I was tired, late out on a plate;
it feels pretty good, that extra hours sleep,
well, I better quit before "it" gets too deep.

Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment