Saturday, November 26, 2011

In my mind...

...there used to be a break between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  My mother, or my wife, ever rushed out the door before dinner was served to shop at some big sale at J J Newbury or McClellan's.  At some point we've reached a time when the "thrill" of the sale has become top dog in many households.  We lose a little bit of our history every year.  No wonder they call it Black Friday!
  Do people honestly believe that rushing around at midnight or 4:00AM is worth the effort.  My goodness, people pepper sprayed, or crushed when other people rushed in a door, or even shot; all to save a dollar!  Something is missing; is it peoples common sense, or my mind?
This is fun?
It's just about winter now.
Christmas is flying right at us!
But, look around, there's still some time left.

No comments:

Post a Comment