Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Are you sleepy? At the wrong time?

from www.vetro.rs
  Some of you know I have a sleep disorder, Advanced Sleep Phase.  That disorder just sets my body clock to Greenwich Standard Time (it's the zone from which all other zones start worldwide) so I'm about 5 hours off being normal in Eastern Time Zone.  I go to bed at 7:30PM and I get up at 1:30-2:00AM everyday day.
  Now I'm beginning to fall asleep during the day, as early at 7:00AM, it's not falling asleep for long, just a few seconds or a minute or two.  It can happen anywhere as long as I'm seated, waiting in a doctors office, waiting in the car, things like that.  I have very vivid dreams while this is going on, simple stuff like watching basketball.
  Any ideas?  If any of you have the same problem or know anything about it let me know.  I have read about narcolepsy and cataplexy but I'm not sure I fall into those slots.
  On a completely unrelated note Happy Anniversary #31 to my lovely wife Linda - she who puts up with a lot.  And some of you may remember it's also Tehachapi Petes anniversary too.

No comments:

Post a Comment